What issues are your teens dealing with? Teens face difficult topics every day, it’s time to wake up & smell the coffee!
Each month, dynamic speakers present crucial information for the parents of teens. Do you know what your teens are dealing with? Wake Up & Smell The Coffee!
Walk away encouraged, equipped and networked with other parents!
The Wake Up and Smell the Coffee Series for Spring of 2017 are:
How to plug your college student into resources early
A little worried about sending your student off to College? Come spend some time with a Higher Education expert, Michelle Massey. She spent 20 years working on college campuses and will advise on the many “little known” resources available on a college campus. This session is great for parents of High School Juniors and Seniors hoping to get a head start on college transition planning.
• Collegiate parent orientation
• Behavioral Health Resources
• Heath Promotion Activities/Student Involvement
• Learning Resources
• Campus Safety
• Financial Stress/Jobs on campus
Presenter: Michelle Massey, M.Ed.
Michelle Massey, M.Ed. works on the Program Development side of Operation: PARENT. She is a mother of two school age children and has served on an elementary SBDM council for four years. Michelle's master’s degree is in College Student Personnel, with an emphasis on student development theory. She is a Higher Education Administration expert who worked in Campus Housing for 18 years. She is passionate about college student success from finding the right college to advanced knowledge about campus resources.
Date / Time:
Tuesday Apr. 11, 2017
10:00 am - 11:30 am
1350 N. Hwy 393
Cost: FREE (please register)More InfoRegister Now
Previous topics include:
- Staying Safe In The Face-To-Face World
- Getting A Handle On Anxiety And Fears
- Technology: Keeping Up With Digital Devices And Teaching Responsible Usage
- Aggressive Behaviors
- Social Media
- Teen Usage Of Drugs/Alcohol And Treatment
- We Get To… Be Parents
- Teens & ADHD, Anxiety & Depression
- Stressed Out Teens
- Teens & Drugs
- Trust: Why It Matters And How To Build It With Your Teen
- Addiction Gene?
- Setting Boundaries
- Preparing Teens For Healthy Flirting & Dating
- Eating Disorders
- Legally Speaking
- Teens & Drugs: What Parents Need To Know
- Driving The Message Home: A Fundraiser With Sarah Panzau
- Be Safe In Cyberspace
- Alcoholism/Addiction A-Z
- Choices: An Interactive Play On Cyberbullying And Suicide
- Teen Suicide Prevention
- Healthy Dating
- The Digital Village: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Facebook, Myspace & Cyberbullying Unraveled
- Scream Free Parenting
- Abstinence Is Cool
- Why Bully & Don’t Be Stupid